As a member of our Club we ask that everyone behaves by our Code of Conduct. We want everyone to enjoy the fantastic and family friendly environment.
Code of Conduct for Parents/Carers and, Adult Members, Volunteers Other Supporters
As a parent / carer of a member of the club, adult members and / or volunteer, you are expected to abide by the following code.
- inform the coach of any specific health requirements or medical conditions of my child and / or myself in advance of the coaching session by completion of a club membership form or a parental
- advise the coach if my child has to leave early or is being collected by someone other than a parent / carer, giving details of the arrangement including who will be collecting my child, when and
at what time
- encourage my child to learn the rules and play within them
- discourage unfair play and arguing with officials
- help my child to recognise good performance, not just results
- set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all
- never punish or abuse a child for losing or making mistakes
- publicly accept officials’ judgments and teach children to do likewise
- support my child’s involvement and help him / her to enjoy his / her sport
- use correct and proper language at all times
- remember that children participate in sport for their enjoyment, not mine
- support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities
- respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, disability, cultural background or religion
- show appreciation and respect for coaches, volunteers, officials and administrators. Remember, without them, your child could not participate
- treat volunteers and participants in cycling as I would like to be treated – do no bully or defame others via social media, remember that my actions reflect on the club as well as myself.
Code of Conduct for Young People
As a member of the club, you are expected to abide by the following code.
- arrive for training and competition in good time to prepare properly
- wear suitable kit (including a helmet and body armour) and clothing for all cycling activity sessions, as agreed with the coach
- warm up and cool down properly on all occasions
- return all borrowed kit to its rightful place within the storage cabin after use, bikes to be racked up outside
- play within the rules and respect officials and all their decisions
- be a good sport by applauding all good performances, whether they are made by my club or the opposition
- control my temper - verbal abuse of officials and other riders, or deliberately distracting / provoking an opponent is not acceptable or permitted behaviour in any sport
- work equally hard for myself and my club - remember, the club’s performance will benefit, and so will I
- respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, disability, cultural background or religion
- pay any fees promptly
- abide by the rule that junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or while representing the club at competitions
- abide by the rule that junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on club premises or while representing the club
- treat all participants in cycling as I would like to be treated - not bullying or taking unfair advantage of another participant, either on the track or away from the track via social media
- cooperate with my coach, club mates and opponents - remember, without them there would be no competition
- thank officials and opponents after each session or competition.
We ask all members of the Club that they observe the Code of Conduct at all times. Please note that the Club Committee reserves the right to terminate membership should anyone breach the code to a
sufficient enough degree in their opinion.